Friday, March 06, 2009

First pitches approved

My dream of being an esteemed media expert on the New England Aquaculture industry just got that much closer as many of my first pitches have been approved by Peter Chettleburgh, editor and publisher of Hatchery International and Northern Aquaculture magazines. 

The Victoria, Canada-based media company --Capamara Communications--that publishes the magazines has tasked me with covering the New England beat for their international audience. Without giving away to much, I will first cover one of the oldest trout hatcheries in the country. Located in historic Plymouth, MA a 140-year old trout hatchery has been hatching, growing, and farming brown and rainbow trout for almost two centuries. the mag wants a hatchery profile.

I am also going to do a feature on a a sustainable aquaculture project out of the Marine Biology Laboratory in Woods Hole.

These will, hopefully, be the first of many articles I write on a growing regional, national and international industry that looks to provide nutrient-rich and healthy seafood to the masses from safe and sustainable farmed resources. 

 

No comments: