Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Beginning is Now

Just launched and linked this blog to a sister page on Facebook. New England Aquafarmer now has a Facebook presence and is gathering steam as aquaculture professionals from as far away as Singapore have befriended the page. 

This is the first step in building what has been a long held dream of mine to build an online resource for the growing aquaculture industry in New England and beyond. 

What I will try to do is build on my research and writing I do for Hatchery International and Northern Aquaculture on the regional industry as well as keep on top of national and global industry news and discuss with whoever wants to discuss. 

This is a start. I know it will not be perfect. But I am very excited to at least be putting into action a dream I have had since my young reporter days right out of BU Journalism School. 

In the future we hope to connect blogs, podcasts, and other Facebook members with New England Aquaculture interests together for online discussion, knowledge sharing and just community building. 

Stay tuned. Thanks for checking us out. 

No comments: